Sunday, June 14, 2009

Were not in California anymore, Moo moo.

As I sat on the floor of our walk in closet AKA the most interior part of the house trying to keep a toy constantly in my one year olds hand so she's not tempted to leave all 64 square feet we've been sequestered to. While trying to explain to my three year why we are hold up in a closet, but not add to her growing list of nightmare topics.



In between the cries of protest, and incessant chatter about Tinkerbell, I couldn't help but think about the movie panic room. I started to feel a bit silly,after all it has been something like eight years since a Tornado had actually touched down and done any damage. For those of you that don't live in tornado country ( which probably means you live in earthquake country, hurricane country, or severe winter weather country) funnel clouds have to touch down to do any damage. Where we live they rarely do, scratch that, never do. But the way the news people halt all television programming for the same play by play coverage which consists of showing a map of the affected county's, and warning to seek shelter immediately.



Shelter apparently does not include mobile homes. In fact if you do reside in a mobile home I think they instruct you to go outside and tie yourself to the closest pipe you see sticking out of the ground. If you don't have a very large house you are to get into the bathtub and put a mattress over your head...I've decided that sitting in the closet isn't so bad after all

5 comments:

  1. you crack me up! me and the boys were in my hall closet too! I heard that about Moble homes, they said to go outside and get in a ditch! pretty sad when a ditch is safer than your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...a ditch...I'm scared, and glad I'm not in a mobile home;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh tornadoes seem really scary! I've never experienced one, but the Wizard of Oz and Twister were plenty for me ;-)

    stay safe! and come visit, there's no tornadoes here - this is the land of bitter winter temps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, what a real life adventure. Be safe!

    Great blog! :-)

    @ SweetWifey on Twitter

    ReplyDelete